Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leave it to a shopping trip....

Ugh- leave it to a shopping trip to make me feel like a disgusting, fat pig again. I have been feeling so good about my weight loss but its amazing what 10 minutes in a dressing room will do to you!

I have to go back to work in 2 very SHORT weeks so I figured I would go spend some of the money on my gift cards getting some basic pieces to get me through work until I lose more weight. I didnt want to spend a lot of money because I dont plan on fitting into these clothes very long. By the time I was done shopping, I felt like I had been beaten with the fatty stick.

I have decided that I will not shop at JC Penney anymore. I NEVER leave their dressing room feeling even halfway decent about myself. I swear they have fat mirrors in their dressing rooms. Either I am completely delusional about how I look or the mirrors there are not becoming. I would think that EVERY dressing room would have "skinny" mirrors. Wouldnt more people be likely to buy clothes if they look good?

Store #2- NY and Company. Dressing room mirrors werent terrible and I found a couple of shirts that I liked, but I didnt like them enough to pay $36 for one when I dont plan on wearing it long.

Store #3- Sears/Lands End. I managed to leave here with 2 sweaters and 3 long sleeved shirts- one crew neck, two V-neck. I think the mirrors there are very similar to the ones I have at home and being successful finding something to wear helped to improve my mood a bit. 5 tops for $60. Not bad!

The biggest issue I notice that I am having is pants. I have the hardest time finding a pair of pants that fit me properly. I just want a pair of basic khaki pants to get me through a month or two so I have something besides black pants and jeans to wear. I think I am going to head to Old Navy and see what I can find there. I tend to have the best luck with the fit of pants at ON compared to other stores. I guess short and fat just isnt "in" these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment