Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011 Part Deux

Sunday: 1 mile
Monday: 1-2 miles
Tuesday: intervals
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: intervals
Friday: 1 mile
Saturday: Long run, increasing by 1 mile every week.

This is what I am looking at for my running schedule through mid October. This week will be a trial run (no pun intended) and I will try to do some cross training with it in order to switch things up a bit and try to keep my legs fresh. I don't want to injure myself while training for my first ever half marathon. It does break the rules of 100 days of running, but I WILL be running every day and (to me) that is what is most important.

So far as my dieting goes, I took the weekend off. I didn't count points and enjoyed 3 slices of pepperoni pizza from Piazza Italia last night after my long run (which burned 736 calories according to my Nike+ app, thank you very much) and I washed it down with a regular Sprite. It was heavenly. I ate what I wanted and didn't worry about it for a single second. Of course, now I have to face the scale in the morning but Im hoping that all will be ok. And if its not? Well, back on the horse I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment