Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15, 2011

I just completed day 14 of 100 days of running. About 9 or 10 days ago I remember thinking, "What the hell have I gotten myself into? My body is angry and Im just plain tired." I realize that was probably just the first wall that I am going to hit in this journey, but Ive pushed through it (as I will any others) and am enjoying my runs. Im not really running far, but that isnt really the point. 2-3 miles daily, speed work 2-3 times per week and one long run weekly isnt anything to be ashamed of. Only 86 more days to go.

My first half marathon, the Rock'N Roll half marathon in Philly is in only 65 more days and the Diva half in Long Island is in 79 days. I will be increasing my long runs on the weekends soon. I havent done a long run in a while so I need to pace myself ;).

The whole point of this blog was to document my weight loss journey and hold myself accountable. I kind of fell away from writing because for a little over 2 months, I havent been able to lose any weight. Im still watching my daily points and Im (obviously) still exercising but the number on the scale wont budge. Im frustrated. Im discouraged. Im still determined to lose these last 34 pounds!

So- basic math can explain the principles of weight loss. Consume fewer calories than you burn. Simple, right? The difficulty lies with determining how much you burn. According to my Weight Watchers calculations, and assuming that 1 point is approximately 50 calories, I should be able to lose weight eating 1250 calories a day (which is what I am doing now). Add to that the fact that 30 minutes of running burns approximately another 250 calories and the weight should be coming off. So, why isnt it??? If I eat any less, I will be hungry all the time. I AM still nursing and that should be burning more calories as well. The math cant be wrong, can it?

Ive been experiencing some major hair loss and have expressed my concern to my dr. He is going to be checking my thyroid to make sure that I havent developed postpartum hypothyroidism. If I have, then that would explain not only the hair loss, but also the weight issue. I dont want anything to be wrong with me (of course), but it sure would be nice to have an explanation for why I cant lose any more weight.

So, I continue to chug along, stepping on the scale and staring at the same damn number day after day and week after week, hoping, PRAYING that the next time I get on will be the time the number changes.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment