Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday December 6, 2010

Weight: 198 (it may be 197, but its hard to read the little lines on the scale so I'm going with the bigger number)

Change: -6 (Hell yeah!)

I spent a good part of yesterday worrying about what was going to happen when I stepped on the scale this morning. I was absolutely terrified that I would get on there and that I wouldn't have lost weight. It is so encouraging to know that the diet is working!

I was unable to get any exercise this week, but I definitely have the motivation. Now I need the shoes, the clothes and the time. Hmmmmm....

So, I spent some time thinking about this past week and wondering what was the most difficult. Hands down, it had to be the trip to the grocery store. Who could have ever imagined that something as menial as going to the grocery store would make me feel so horrible? I felt like a junkie in a crack den! My mouth would literally water as I walked down the aisles. All I could see was all of the foods that I couldn't eat. I didn't even walk down every aisle- I took a list and I stuck to it. I also took my Weight Watchers point calculator so I could determine the point values of some foods to help me determine if they were good choices. I'm sure I looked like a crazy lady reading the labels and putting information into my super secret, tiny spy computer. Regardless of how crazy I looked, I wasn't nearly as crazy as the lady the asked me if I wanted one of the Tweety Bird nightgowns that she had in her cart. When I told her "No thank you", she said, "I just thought I would try to do something nice for someone else". WHAT??? Her lazy ass didn't want to take the damn thing back to the rack she got it from. The WORST part of the whole situation was that it was a total mu mu. It was a size 2X and looked like a giant tent. I could have cried right then. All I could think was, Is that how people see me? Am I really that big? That was plenty of motivation to get out of the store with nothing except the items on my list.

I couldn't believe how truly torturous it was for me to do [what should be] a simple task. Ive decided that I'm not going back by myself. A chaperone is now required for all trips to the grocery store... I may even make him hold my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment