Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012

So- this is where I am.

I tried to run today and made it 2.5 miles before petering out.  It was hot as Hades out there and I foolishly left the house around 11:30 am to go for a run.  It was a disaster.  Not only was it hot, but its the day before I'm supposed to start my period and I always do poorly when I run on that day. I ran a nice, solid 4.5 miles earlier this week so this was incredibly disappointing.

I have a half marathon coming up on May 6th and I am fairly confident that I wont even be CLOSE to ready for it.  I've had to resign myself to the fact that its going to be humiliating and focus on possibly getting a new PR on the 5k the previous night.  The Baltimore half is in October and I am going to have to focus on redeeming myself at that race.  I can't believe I've allowed myself to get lazy like this.  I'm going to follow an actual training program for the one in the fall and I'm going to have to train all summer (which will suck) but I'm hoping that it will be worth it.

I've also lost control of my eating which makes me feel as if I'm losing control of everything.  I know I've gained at least 5 lbs and I'm hoping it isn't much more than that.  I'm going to step on the scale tomorrow morning and see what the verdict is.  I am then going to FORCE myself to blog about both my eating and running.  If someone is actually reading this and you haven't seen any posts from me- send me a message or post a comment to let me know that I'm slacking.  I promise I will thank you for it.

It's time to pick up the momentum again.  We have a family vacation at the beach in 2 months and I'd really like to look nice in some shorts and a swimsuit.

Now... off to find a CrossFit gym that is reasonably priced.  My time is valuable and seriously lacking so I need to pack a real punch with my workouts!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I just discovered your blog! I'm posting to see "where you are?" like you requested : )
    I have yet to check out your blog fully and will so the next free chance I get.

    Hope your having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finally updated... almost a year later. I'm in quite a bad spot right now, but I will be blogging again and posting weekly updates.

      Thank you for reading Laura!

      Delete