Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

I just got back from a terrible run. I did a most excellent 10 miles on 8.20.11, then started having some weird calf tenderness and aching in my right knee. I decided that being ready for my half marathon was more important that my 100 days of running and took a few days off. It was so difficult to not get out there everyday and get a least a mile in, but I refrained and my body is much happier with me because of it. Ive also been battling a bit of a cold/sinus infection and Im thinking that played the biggest role in the most horrible 4ish miles Ive ever run. It felt like my first time out there! Its amazing how discouraging ONE bad run can be. I just have to keep reminding myself that I CAN do it. If I can do 10, I sure as HELL can do 13.1!

I had my first appointment with the nutritionist last week and she is having me do a more detailed food journal for 5 days. I have to fax what I have to her tomorrow and I will see her again on Thursday afternoon. Im terrified of what she is going to say. Ive already cried in front of her once, Im really hoping not to do that again. Its so very difficult to talk to someone about something that is so incredibly embarrassing like my food issues are. My break from running is also going to make me look like a liar since Ive already told her that I run every day.

Its funny, when Im running I think of all kinds of things that I want to say when I finally get behind the computer but when I actually sit down to write, I cant remember any of it. I guess that's God's way of telling me to get off of my fat ass and clean this house then get my homework done!

No comments:

Post a Comment