Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013

It has been almost an entire year since I have posted, and in that year everything has gone to shit.  I have gained at least 20 lbs since the last time I posted... probably more, but I'll get to all of that tomorrow.

We have recently learned that my mother has stage IV cancer.  She was originally diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, but now they are unsure and think that it may possibly be colon cancer.  In order to get a final Dx, they need to do a colonoscopy.  Unfortunately, she became ill with pneumonia and gram positive cocci so the colonoscopy has to be put off for 2 weeks while she receives IV antibiotics.

Needless to say, mom's illness has caused me to spiral into an eating frenzy to rival no other.  Couple that with the Morton's Neuroma in my right foot and I'm a mess.  My inability to run started the weight gain and Ive been unable to stop it.

But...

I refuse to let it go on.  Starting tomorrow, I will post new photos (before photos), my weight and measurements.  I'm terrified to see the numbers, but I have to stare it in the face before I can fight it.  I'm going to have at least 45lbs (my best guess right now) to go before I can be the 130lb mommy.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment